Through a special partnership with the University of Limerick, Adelphi students have the unique opportunity to earn Adelphi credit in Ireland. Limerick is the third largest city in the Republic of Ireland and is easily accessible by air, coach or train. The UL campus, astride the majestic river Shannon, is regarded as Ireland's most beautiful university campus.
With the River Shannon as a unifying focal point, the University is situated on a superb 133-hectare (328 acre) campus. Outstanding recreational, cultural and sporting facilities further enhance this exceptional learning and working environment. The campus is located 5km (3 miles) from Limerick city and 20km (12 miles) from Shannon International Airport.
UL Summer Schools 2018 take place over 3 weeks from the 23rd May to the 13th June 2018. Students can from choose from one of many options with subjects including Irish Studies, Business, Healthcare, Physical Education & Sports Science and Theatre. Students can 6 ECT/3 US credits.
This is a 3 week programme which attracts participants of all ages and from a variety of backgrounds.
Click the HERE to review the summer course options.
All summer program costs are paid directly to the institution.
Cost of program includes: airport transfers from Shannon, accommodation, tuition, 3 meals a day - 5 days per week, memberships to UL Sport facilities, 3 excursions, farewell BBQ and some additional social events. Total cost of the program is €2,850 for 3 week program.
*This does not include mandatory CISI health insurance, international flights, and personal expenses.
Application Procedures & Deadlines
In order to be accepted into an Adelphi study abroad program students are required to:
- Have a minimum GPA of 2.5 in order to apply to study abroad at Limerick University.
- Schedule a mandatory meeting with a study abroad advisor by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Complete the Adelphi study abroad application. Click APPLY NOW below.
- Once the Adelphi application is complete, you can proceed to fill out the Limerick application online. Application Instructions (Application deadline April 1st)
- Meet with your academic advisor to explore programs and course options. It is important that the school you are interested in offers the courses you need to take in order to graduate on time.
- Select the courses you would like to enroll in and fill out the AU Course Equivalency Form.docx. Courses must be approved before you depart for your program.
All students must receive CIE approval to study abroad prior to having Student Financial Services determine their eligibility for funding for such study. Students will receive a revised Financial Assistance Award Letter after their eligibility has been confirmed. Depending on eligibility and any additional costs associated with the study abroad experience, students might receive an adjustment in their financial aid package.
All students studying abroad with UL are required to purchase insurance with CISI Insurance, a worldwide coverage plan. For more information about CISI insurance please contact the CIE office.