IAU College (IAU) is a wonderful study abroad program located in Aix-en-Provence, France, intended for undergraduate students attending American colleges who wish to enliven their curriculum with course work in Europe or intensive foreign language experience. Courses in the humanities, social sciences and fine arts are offered in both French and English. Students are encouraged to live with French families. In the context of Provence's rich Mediterranean heritage, IAU delivers the highest quality curriculum and guides students, both French majors and non-French majors, to cultural competency while fostering a life-long affinity for the culture, language and people of France.
The many concerts, the summer Festival d'Art Lyrique, libraries, museums, churches, bookstores, markets, and cafès have earned Aix its reputation as one of France's most engaging cities. A wealth of cinemas, restaurants, discothëques, and sports facilities welcomes Aix's students. Aix-en-Provence is, especially during the summer, one of the most popular and sought after cities in France.
IAU College offers a variety of summer courses particular to each student’s academic needs. IAU's exceptional out-of-classroom experiences include homestays, regional field studies and extracurricular activities such as wine tastings and course trips. Available courses range from art, business, language, literature, history and psychology.
The summer term offers flexible terms and credit loads.
Click HERE to view summer course descriptions!
All summer program costs are paid directly to the institution.
Program fees include tuition, housing, breakfast daily and six evening meals per week, activity fee, orientation, textbook rental, health, liability and repatriation insurance, excursions and scheduled cultural activities. Additional student costs include round trip airfare, lunch and personal expenses.
Program Fees - click HERE.
In order to be accepted into an Adelphi study abroad program students are required to:
- Have a minimum GPA of 2.5 in order to apply to study abroad at IAU.
- Schedule a mandatory meeting with a study abroad advisor by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Complete the Adelphi study abroad application. Click Apply Now below.
- Then you should proceed to fill out the IAU application online. Application Instructions and Online Form
- Meet with your academic advisor to explore programs and course options. It is important that the school you are interested in offers the courses you need to take in order to graduate on time.
- Select the courses you would like to enroll in and fill out the AU Course Equivalency Form.docx. Courses must be approved before you depart for your program.
- Summer IAU application deadline - April 1st.
All students must receive CIE approval to study abroad prior to having Student Financial Services determine their eligibility for funding for such study. Students will receive a revised Financial Assistance Award Letter after their eligibility has been confirmed. Depending on eligibility and any additional costs associated with the study abroad experience, students might receive an adjustment in their financial aid package.
Health insurance is provided through IAU.