Hanze University, Groningen, is the largest University of Applied Sciences in the northern part of the Netherlands and is located in the vibrant student city Groningen. Hanze UAS, has a wide variety of Bachelor programmes, Master programmes, certificate programmes, exchange programmes, dual degree programmes, preparatory courses and minors. Hanze has various modern facilities on campus to offer its students. The university is also internationally oriented and offers various fully-taught programmes in English - working closely with partner institutions from all over the world. Hanze is home to over eighty different nationalities.
During the Summer Session, Hanze University offers courses in business, Dutch language and global health. Hanze offers a range of summer courses designed to provide the knowledge and insights that are critical for professional development.The courses incorporate social activities that highlights student life in Groningen and help students to adapt to the culture.
To view courses, please click here.
The fees for Summer School courses vary, please find more information and the fee of a specific course here.
Application Procedures & Deadlines
Application Procedures & DeadlinesIn order to be accepted into an Adelphi study abroad program students are required to:
- Have a minimum GPA of 2.5 in order to apply to study abroad at Hanze University of Applied Sciences.
- Schedule a mandatory meeting with a study abroad advisor. .
- Complete the Adelphi application. Click Apply Now.
- You also have to submit an application directly to Hanze. Click HERE.
- Meet with your academic advisor to explore programs and course options. It is important that the school you are interested offers the courses you need to take in order to graduate on time.
- Select the courses you are interested in enrolling in and fill out the AU Course Equivalency Form. Courses must be approved before you depart for your program.
All students must receive CIE approval to study abroad prior to having Student Financial Services determine their eligibility for funding for such study. Students will receive a revised Financial Assistance Award Letter after their eligibility has been confirmed. Depending on eligibility and any additional costs associated with the study abroad experience, students might receive an adjustment in their financial aid package.
All students studying abroad with Hanze University are required to purchase insurance with CISI Insurance, a worldwide coverage plan. For more information about CISI insurance please contact the CIE office.