Summer 2019 May 20 - June 14
Through a special partnership with the American College of Norway (ACN), Adelphi students have the unique opportunity to study alongside Norwegian students and earn Adelphi credit in Norway!
ACN is located in Moss, a charming, friendly coastal town located on the Oslo Fjord with all the benefits of a large city, but with a small-town feel. Moss has approximately 30,000 inhabitants and in the neighboring municipalities there are 25,000 people who use Moss for shopping and leisure activities. Within walking distance from the campus you will find art galleries, a modern shopping mall, grocery stores, restaurants, cafes, bakeries, hiking trails, parks, a movie theater and a library.
Click here to learn more about Moss and the Østfold region.
There are two airports (Oslo Gardermoen and Torp Sandefjord) near Moss that offer regular, inexpensive flights to cities all over Europe. The Moss train station is within walking distance from campus and has connections to cities in Norway, Sweden and beyond.
Travel is encouraged, so take advantage of your three-day weekends and get out and explore!
Check out these videos from former ACN students. Study Abroad at the American College of Norway
American College of Norway - Social Media Takeover / American Perspective Recap
Summer school at ACN is a unique classroom experience. Every summer, ACN focuses on important global issues with classes taught by visiting American faculty. Classroom discussions are a major part of our summer program and the classes consist typically of 50% American and 50% Norwegian students. Visit ACN's website for updated course offerings and descriptions here.
Need more reasons to join ACN for the Summer?
- Earn up to 6 credits in 4 weeks
- Small, interactive classes
- Exciting field trips in Oslo and Østfold
- Inexpensive per credit price
Living on campus is a big part of the ACN experience. The newly renovated and modern student residence halls are located just minutes from the school.
The dorms have two bedrooms and shared common areas. All apartments have their own kitchen with a small dining area, entry way and a bathroom. Each bathroom has individual washing machines. Every campus kitchen is equipped with a refrigerator/freezer unit and an oven. The bedrooms are furnished with a bed, pillow and comforter, desk, chair and a closet.
Click here to see more pictures of the residence halls.
All summer program costs are paid directly to the institution.
The estimated cost for Summer 2019 is $2,520 (one class) or $3,520 (for two classes), this includes tuition, housing/utilities, field trips, and $120 refundable housing deposit. It does not include health insurance, $150 Adelphi study abroad fee, airfare or meals (housing is in apartments with kitchenettes for cooking, there are also several restaurants within walking distance of the school).
In order to be accepted in an Adelphi study abroad program students are required to:
- Have a minimum GPA of 2.5 in order to apply to study abroad at ACN.
- Schedule a mandatory meeting with a study abroad advisor by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Complete the adelphi study abroad application. Click APPLY NOW below.
- Once the Adelphi Study Abroad application is complete, please print and complete the ACN Study Abroad Application (1).docx.
- Bring the completed form to the CIE office to submit on your behalf. (Application deadline March 9)
- Meet with your academic advisor to explore programs and course options. It is important that the school you are interested in offers the courses you need to take in order to graduate on time.
- Select the courses you would like to enroll in and fill out the AU Course Equivalency Form.docx. Courses must be approved before you depart for your program.
All students must receive CIE approval to study abroad prior to having Student Financial Services determine their eligibility for funding for such study. Students will receive a revised Financial Assistance Award Letter after their eligibility has been confirmed. Depending on eligibility and any additional costs associated with the study abroad experience, students might receive an adjustment in their financial aid package.
All students studying abroad with ACN are required to purchase insurance with CISI Insurance, a worldwide coverage plan. For more information about CISI insurance please contact the CIE office.