Skip to content

Programs : Brochure

This page is the brochure for your selected program. You can view the provided information for this program on this page and click on the available buttons for additional options.
  • Locations: Tokyo, Japan
  • Program Terms: Fall, Spring
  • Homepage: Click to visit
  • Restrictions: AU applicants only
  • This program is currently not accepting applications.
Dates / Deadlines:
Dates / Deadlines:
Term Year App Deadline Decision Date Start Date End Date
Spring 2019 10/15/2018
10/16/2018 TBA TBA

Indicates that deadline has passed
Fact Sheet:
Language of Instruction: English, Japanese Minimum GPA: 3
Housing: Residence Hall Eligible Year: 2 Sophomore, 3 Junior, 4 Senior, Undergraduate
Program Type: Exchange
Program Description:
 musashi logo Musashi
tokyo Overview
Student Services
Application Deadlines
Financial Aid
CISI Insurance
Visa Requirements
Helpful Links


Musashi’s intimate campus environment affords students the opportunity to forge close relationships with classmates and faculty alike. International students receive strong student support services and are integrated in educational and social life of Musashi University.

The university is tucked within a quiet, residential area of central Tokyo.  Located in Nerima Ward, the campus is within twenty minutes of both Ikebukuro and Shinjuku. The local neighborhood features a small shopping district filled with stores and restaurants that serve the daily needs of the local residents.   


Musashi University has faculties in Economics, Humanities, and Sociology. Musashi University is committed to providing a solid academic experience for all students during their intercultural sojourn. MU believes the English and Japanese courses offered can give students a strong base from which to acquire information, deepen understanding, and create knowledge.

Academic Options

Housing & Meals

Located in Asaka city, Saitama prefecture, the university’s athletic facilities consist of a baseball ground, soccer field, rugby field, training facilities, multi-purpose Asaka Hall, club rooms and dormitory. The university operates a bus service between the Ekoda campus and the athletics field.

At the Asaka Plaza student dormitory, students from all over Japan and around the world have an opportunity to live together. This diversity helps cultivate mutual respect while fostering greater character development. Complete with an effective security system, students can feel secure about living on campus.
Students who request housing assistance from Musashi University will be place in one of the following dormitories based upon availability: Asaka Plaza or Riko Kaikan.

Asaka Plaza, located about an hour from campus by train, offers a breakfast and dinner meal plan (Monday-Saturday). Riko Kaika, a dormitory for international students in Tokyo located about 20 minutes walking-distance from campus. Riko Kaikan does not offer a meal plan. Students have access to a kitchen where they can prepare meals.

Both facilities feature single-rooms with shared bathrooms and showers.

       dorm tokyo

Student Services Support

Studying abroad is what you make of it. However, even the most adventuresome student can benefit from a little friendly advice, a shoulder to lean on, and support now and then. The International Studies Center (ISC) is the first place students should turn to for assistance while at Musashi.

Musashi University also offers a Peer-to-Peer Opportunity. Musashi students are eager to welcome international students to campus and assist them in adjusting to life in Japan. Opportunities for such socialization are a key component of the friendly and comfortable nature of studying at Musashi University.
Global Education Center 
For International Students 
Clubs and Organizations

Application Procedures & Deadlines

In order to be accepted in an Adelphi study abroad program students are required to:
  • Have a minimum GPA of 3.0 in order to apply to study abroad at Musashi University. 
  • Schedule a mandatory meeting with a study abroad advisor by emailing
  • Complete the study abroad application. Click APPLY NOW below.
  • Once the Adelphi Study Abroad application is complete, contact CIE for the Musashi University application. All application materials must be submitted by CIE.
  • Meet with your academic advisor to explore programs and course options. It is important that the school you are interested offers the courses you need to take in order to graduate on time.
  • Select the courses you are interested in enrolling in and fill out the AU Course Equivalency Form. Courses must be approved before you depart for your program.
Adelphi Application Deadlines:  
Spring: October 15

Musashi University Application Deadlines:
November 1st for spring semester

Financial Aid

Scholarships: 100% Adelphi scholarships apply during the fall and spring terms when students pay their regular Adelphi tuition and fees (housing is paid directly to Musashi). 

Students should carefully review their finances when considering a study abroad opportunity. Please set up an appointment with Adelphi University's Student Financial Services (basement of Levermore) to understand how studying abroad will impact your financial aid and scholarship package. 

CISI Insurance

All students studying abroad with Musashi are required to purchase insurance with CISI Insurance, a worldwide coverage plan. For more information about CISI insurance please contact the CIE office.

Visa Requirements

Student Visa Information
Consulate-General of Japan in New York


         tokyo temps

Helpful Links

University Calendar
Access to Campus
About the Location

Country Information


This program is currently not accepting applications.