Skip to content

Programs : Brochure

This page is the brochure for your selected program. You can view the provided information for this program on this page and click on the available buttons for additional options.
  • Locations: Perth, Australia
  • Program Terms: Academic Year, Fall, Spring
  • Homepage: Click to visit
  • Budget Sheets: Spring
  • This program is currently not accepting applications.
Dates / Deadlines:
Dates / Deadlines:
Term Year App Deadline Decision Date Start Date End Date
Spring 2019 10/15/2018
10/16/2018 TBA TBA

Indicates that deadline has passed
Fact Sheet:
Language of Instruction: English Minimum GPA: 2.75
Housing: Apartment (alone), Apartment (shared), Homestay Eligible Year: 2 Sophomore, 3 Junior, 4 Senior, Undergraduate
Program Type: Exchange
Program Description:
Murdoch Logo
perth Overview
Student Services
Application Deadlines
Financial Aid
Visa Requirements
CISI Insurance
Helpful Links

OverviewPerth Map

Murdoch University is located in Western Australia. It is just a short train ride to the city center of Perth and a quick bus ride to the beach the Indian Ocean.
MU offers a unique way to study abroad and embrace non-traditional education through the promotion of free thinking and by encouraging the community to share ideas, pool knowledge and find new ways of thinking. Across Australia, Murdoch University is recognized for excellent teaching, ground-breaking research and for their high number of satisfied students.


Academic life at MU is an extension of the real world. MU offers over 80 undergraduate and graduate degree courses that focus on developing transferable skills to increase future employment options. The undergraduate courses are arranged within 7 degree programs: Bachelor of Arts, Bachelor of Business, Bachelor of Education, Bachelor of Engineering, Bachelor of Laws, Bachelor of Nursing, and Bachelor of Science. Graduate courses are offered in the Arts, Business, Education, Engineering, Law, Science and Research.
Click here to download Murdoch University’s International Course Guide.

Housing and Meals

Accommodation will be in either University-owned or managed housing on campus or a homestay. On-campus housing is located in Murdoch University Village, which provides accommodation for 814 residents housed in over 170 self-contained, self-catering apartments. Single rooms are available in the five-bedroom apartments, and linens are provided. Meals are prepared in a shared kitchen area. Students will need to purchase their own cookware and utensils. Murdoch University does not provide off-campus accommodation services. Homestay is another option for students. Murdoch University will send information about applying for accommodation after students are accepted to their course of study.

Murdoch North Village        Murdoch Commons        Murdoch North Vil2               

Accommodation Options

Student Services

University life is not just about learning; it’s also about making friends, exploring new interests and having fun. MU has a very active Student Guild and dozens of clubs and societies you can join.

MU provides on-campus support to all international students. The Student Centre is available for general support. The Student Learning Centre provides assistance to students through an individual consultation or access to useful resources.

Your Guide to Murdoch
Choosing Murdoch
On Campus Support
Find Help and Support
VIdeo: Murdoch University North-West Trip

Application Deadlines and Procedures

In order to be accepted in an Adelphi study abroad program students are required to:
  • Have a minimum GPA of 2.75 in order to apply to study abroad at Murdoch University. 
  • Schedule a mandatory meeting with a study abroad advisor by emailing Find more information here.
  • Complete the study abroad application. Once the Adelphi Study Abroad application is accepted, the CIE will assist you with the MU application.
  • Meet with your academic advisor to explore programs and course options. It is important that the school you are interested offers the courses you need to take in order to graduate on time.
  • Select the courses you are interested in enrolling in and fill out the AU Course Equivalency Form. Courses must be approved before you depart for your program.
  • Apply for the Study Abroad Grant. Students with a minimum GPA of 3.3 are eligible to apply.
Adelphi Application Deadlines:
Spring: October 1
Fall: March 15

Murdoch Application Deadlines:
Spring: November 1
Fall: June 30

Financial Aid

Students should carefully review their finances when considering a study abroad opportunity. Please set up an appointment with Adelphi University's Student Financial Servicees (basement of Levermore) to understand how studying abroad will impact your financial aid and scholarship package. 

Visa Requirements

A student visa is required for anyone wishing to study in Australia who is not an Australian citizen or does not have Australian Permanent or Temporary Residency. Student visas are issued by the Department of Immigration and Citizenship (DIAC) and applications for a student visa must be submitted to DIAC. Student visa types vary according to the level of courses being studied. The student visa application process will differ according to the nationality of the applicant and the course level.
For more information on visa requirements please visit the following sites:

Murdoch University - Applying for a Visa
AU Government Department of Immirgation and Border Protection

Australian Consulate-General New York

CISI Insurance

Without exception, all students studying in Australia must purchase health insurance provided by the Australian government.  Instructions for purchasing this coverage will be provided by Murdoch University after your acceptance.  As the government-provided plan only covers students while they are in Australia, Adelphi recommends that you have worldwide insurance coverage to ensure you are covered should you travel outside the country (e.g. New Zealand, Fiji, etc.).  If your current plan does not cover you overseas, the Center for International Education has an agreement with CISI insurancePlease email for more information.


*Remember, the climate in Australia is opposite that in the U.S.!

Australia Temps

Helpful Links

Study in Australia - An Unexpected Adventure - Video

Murdoch App

Murdoch University International Student App
Country Information

perth view

This program is currently not accepting applications.