Adelphi Theatre majors have the option of spending the first or second semester of their junior year at the London Academy of Music and Dramatic Arts in the Classical Acting Semester Program. Students take classes with other semester students visiting the school and have the opportunity to meet and interact with full time LAMDA students. LAMDA is one of the top theater programs in the United Kingdom. LAMDA deals in excellence, passion, talent and imagination – creating an inventive learning environment and a friendly, supportive starting point for your journey into the profession. From your first audition or interview to your final LAMDA curtain call, progress is encouraged through practice, conversation and example.
|Total Student Enrollment
|Population of Host City
||LAMDA is in an urban setting. There are 3 theatre spaces in addition to meeting rooms and
||Students are responsible for finding their own housing in London. See housing section below
for more information.
While at LAMDA, students take a set of pre-determined courses taught by outstanding tutors with years of industry experience, and by leading directors, designers, writers and actors who choose to share their expertise with us. Our stage management and technical theatre students undertake work placements within the entertainment industry, with many securing employment with their placement companies directly after graduation.
All students at LAMDA take the same set of courses, which transfer back to Adelphi as 15 credits. There is no exact course equivalency at Adelphi University for the LAMDA courses (That's why you're going abroad, right? To take something new!), so several courses are combined to develop an equivalency. Find the Adelphi course equivalencies below.
Adelphi requires a minimum GPA of 2.5 to study abroad. LAMDA has a 2.75 GPA requirement to be admitted into their program. If you do not meet these requirements and hope to study abroad, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Adelphi Course Number
LAMDA 815 Acting
Performing Verse Drama
Physical Education: Special Topics
0192-304-01 (4 credits)
0853-200-01 (2 credits)
0192-248-03 (2 credits)
LAMDA 814 Movement
Modern Dance for Non-Majors
Ballet for Non-Majors
0191-127-01 (2 credits)
0191-113-01 (2 credits)
LAMDA 813 Music
LAMDA 816 Voice
0192-108-01 (3 credits)
Housing & Meals
LAMDA does not offer student housing, and costs vary. Adelphi University works with Euracom, a London-based housing provider. Please contact the Center for International Education for more information and budget estimate.
Student Support Services
LAMDA is committed to recognizing the diverse needs of learners. LAMDA is committed to an inclusive approach to ensure access is built into the qualification/unit and assessment for all learners from initial design through to completion by making appropriate reasonable adjustments to standard assessment arrangements whenever this is required to enable fair access.
Student Wellfare and Support
Application Procedures and Deadlines
Students are required to submit an online application through the CIE website and must also complete a separate application to the study abroad university to which they are applying.
The application process can seem overwhelming, but here are some guidelines to follow:
- Attend a group advising session at the Center for International Education to obtain an overview of the study abroad process. Email email@example.com for more information.
- Complete the Adelphi study abroad application. Click the APPLY NOW button on this page. If you are not sure of which program you want to apply for, complete the general application here.
- Schedule a mandatory meeting with a study abroad advisor by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Meet with your academic advisor to explore programs and course options. It is important that the school you are interested offers the courses you need to take in order to graduate on time.
- Select the courses you are interested in enrolling in and fill out the AU Course Equivalency Form. Courses must be approved before you depart for your program.
- Apply directly to LAMDA. CIE will assist you with the LAMDA application.
Adelphi Application Deadlines:
Fall Semester - March 15
Spring Semester - October 15
LAMDA Application Deadlines:
All full-time courses: October 1
Students are responsible for their own travel documents, including obtaining a passport and researching entry regulations.
- All students need a valid passport with an expiration date at least six months after your return.
- If you are a citizen of another country, please work with appropriate consulate general for study abroad destination in order to identify and obtain appropriate entry documents. Email the Center for International Education (email@example.com) if you need assistance.
- For students maintaining F-1 international student status, interested in participating in a study abroad program, the following must be completed:
- Contact the Office of International Student Services in order to review your I-20, passport and F-1 visa for review and guidance for participation.
- Request a travel endorsement signature valid for re-entry into the United States.
- Maintain valid F-1 status
- Students studying abroad at LAMDA for the fall or spring semester receive 50% of their Adelphi academic scholarships.
- Students pay tuition and fees directly to Adelphi University. All other costs, including housing, are paid directly to the appropriate entity.
- Students should carefully review their finances when considering a study abroad opportunity. Please set up an appointment with Adelphi University's Student Financial Services (basement of Levermore) to understand how studying abroad will impact your financial aid and scholarship package.
- Read the full Study Abroad Financial Aid and Scholarships policy here.
- Adelphi Univeristy offers several study abroad tuition scholarships. Find more information here.
- Students who receive a Pell Grant are eligible to apply for the Benjamin A. Gilman Scholarship, which offers up to $5,000 in scholarship funds for study abroad.
Adelphi University requires all students studying abroad to have international health insurance coverage. Adelphi University has a contract with Cultural Insurance Services International (CISI), which provides worldwide health insurance coverage. Contact the Center for International Education for more information.
Health and Safety
- Students are responsible for their own physical and mental health while studying abroad and are encouraged to meet with a healthcare provider prior to travel.
- Find updated travel advisories and alerts posted by the U.S. Department of State here.
- For updated health information pertaining to your study abroad destination, visit the CDC.
- All study abroad students are advised to enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP), a free service provided by the U.S. Department of State that allows U.S. citizens and nationals traveling abroad to enroll their trip with the nearest U.S. Embassy or Consulate.