USC offers an exceptional educational and intercultural experience, allowing Adelphi students to study at one of Australia's fastest growing universities, while living on the picturesque Sunshine Coast in Queensland. Study abroad students earn credit toward an Adelphi degree while living and studying in Australia. Students can join the program for one or two semesters and at the same time experience different cultures and make long lasting Australian and international friendships.
International Student Stories!
|Total Student Enrollment
||Around 16,500 students
|Number of International Students
||12% of students are international, coming from over 70 countries
|Population of Host City
||University of the Sunshine Coast is a traditional campus setting with green
spaces, places to eat, and many academic facilities including a nursing
simulation lab and a mock court room.
||University of the Sunshine Coast does not provide on-campus housing, but
students typically live in one of the three privately-owned student
accommodation complexes located a short distance from campus.
Students can study in a variety of fields in either the Faculty of Arts and Business or the Faculty of Science, Health, Education and Engineering. Generally speaking, each USC course (12 units) transfers into Adelphi as 4 credits. Per the rules of the University of the Sunshine Coast, students are only permitted to take 4 courses while in Australia.
*Please note that semesters at USC run from February until June and July until November.
Find a full list of University of the Sunshine Coast courses here.
Popular courses that students have taken in the past:
Adelphi requires a minimum 2.5 GPA to study abroad. University of the Sunshine Coast has a 2.75 GPA requirement to be admitted into their program. If you do not meet these requirements and hope to study abroad, please email email@example.com.
- Intro to Journalism
- Environment, Technology, and Sustainability
- Animal Habits
- Intro to Indigenous Australia
Housing and Meals
Three privately-owned, fully-furnished student accommodation complexes are conveniently located next to USC. Varsity Apartments, UniCentral and The Village (mixed-style accommodation) are linked by pathways to the campus, which is an easy three-minute walk away. The apartments are a 10-minute drive or 20-minute bus ride to the beach. Public transport and the local shopping centre are also within walking distance. Housing options are self-catered, meaning students arrange for their own meals. Once an application is accepted, students will receive additional housing information.
Student Support Services
USC offers international students support and services that help you make the most of your university experience. USC has an After Hours Student Assistance Line specifically for international students. This service provides students with assistance after office hours, on weekends and during public holidays and University closure periods.
International Student Support
Support and Services
Safety and Well-being
Application Procedures and Deadlines
Students are required to submit an online application through the CIE website and must also complete a separate application to the study abroad university to which they are applying.
The application process can seem overwhelming, but here are some guidelines to follow:
- Attend a group advising session at the Center for International Education to obtain an overview of the study abroad process. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Complete the Adelphi study abroad application. Click the APPLY NOW button on this page. If you are not sure of which program you want to apply for, complete the general application here.
- Schedule a mandatory meeting with a study abroad advisor by emailing email@example.com.
- Meet with your academic advisor to explore programs and course options. It is important that the school you are interested offers the courses you need to take in order to graduate on time.
- Select the courses you are interested in enrolling in and fill out the AU Course Equivalency Form. Courses must be approved before you depart for your program.
- Apply directly to University of the Sunshine Coast. CIE will assist you with this application.
Adelphi Application Deadlines:
Spring: October 15
Fall: March 15
University of the Sunshine Coast Application Deadlines:
Semester 1 (Spring): November 30
Semester 2 (Fall): April 30
Students are responsible for their own travel documents, including obtaining a passport and researching entry regulations.
- All students need a valid passport with an expiration date at least six months after your return.
- If you are a citizen of another country, please work with appropriate consulate general for study abroad destination in order to identify and obtain appropriate entry documents. Email the Center for International Education (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you need assistance.
- For students maintaining F-1 international student status, interested in participating in a study abroad program, the following must be completed:
- Contact the Office of International Student Services in order to review your I-20, passport and F-1 visa for review and guidance for participation.
- Request a travel endorsement signature valid for re-entry into the United States.
- Maintain valid F-1 status
- Students studying abroad at University of the Sunshine Coast for the fall or spring semester receive 100% of their Adelphi academic scholarships.
- Students pay tuition and fees directly to Adelphi University. All other costs, including housing, are paid directly to the appropriate entity.
- Students should carefully review their finances when considering a study abroad opportunity. Please set up an appointment with Adelphi University's Student Financial Services (basement of Levermore) to understand how studying abroad will impact your financial aid and scholarship package.
- Read the full Study Abroad Financial Aid and Scholarships policy here.
- Adelphi Univeristy offers several study abroad tuition scholarships. Find more information here.
- Students who receive a Pell Grant are eligible to apply for the Benjamin A. Gilman Scholarship, which offers up to $5,000 in scholarship funds for study abroad.
Students studying abroad in Australia are required to obtain two international health insurance policies.
- The Australian government requires that all students enroll in the national healthcare insurance plan. Detailed instructions will be sent by the host university upon acceptance. NOTE: This only provides health insurance coverage in Australia.
- Adelphi University requires all students studying in Australia to also have general international health insurance. This ensures students are covered if they travel outside of Australia and/or need to be transported back to the United States in the case of an extreme emergency. Adelphi University has a contract with Cultural Insurance Services International (CISI), which provides worldwide health insurance coverage. Contact the Center for International Education for more information.
Health and Safety
- Students are responsible for their own physical and mental health while studying abroad and are encouraged to meet with a healthcare provider prior to travel.
- Find updated travel advisories and alerts posted by the U.S. Department of State here.
- For updated health information pertaining to your study abroad destination, visit the CDC.
- All study abroad students are advised to enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP), a free service provided by the U.S. Department of State that allows U.S. citizens and nationals traveling abroad to enroll their trip with the nearest U.S. Embassy or Consulate.