Based beside the River Thames in an attractive suburb of south-west London, Kingston University is a great location for studying abroad. Kingston has a vibrant town centre with shops, restaurants, a theatre, and a cinema. It also has excellent transport links and central London is just 25 minutes away by tube (or train).
Home to around 29,000 university and college students, Kingston is a lively, thriving, student-friendly place, packed with historic buildings, leisure venues and open spaces for you to enjoy life as a student. It's also the seventh largest retail centre in the UK (according to the Kingston Council website), so you could never call it a sleepy suburb!
|Total Student Enrollment
|Number of International Students
||Almost 3,000 international students from over 140 countries
|Population of Host City
||Most Adelphi students stay in single bedrooms in shared student apartments. See housing section
below for more information.
- At Kingston University, classes are offered as modules.
- Universities around the world use different systems to award credit. Each Kingston credit is equal to one Adelphi credit.
- Most Kingston modules (classes) are worth four credits (as opposed to a standard Adelphi course, which is worth 3 credits). As such, while at Kingston, you will probably only be enrolled in 3-4 courses, for a total credit load of 12-16 credits.
- Find a full list of Kingston University courses here.
- Popular courses that students have taken in the past:
- Adelphi requires a minimum GPA of 2.5 to study abroad. Kingston University has a 2.75 GPA requirement to be admitted into their program. If you do not meet these requirements and hope to study abroad, please email email@example.com.
Housing & Meals
University-arranged accommodation is offered to all study abroad students, either in modern en-suite single study bedrooms or in lodgings. Housing options are self-catered, meaning students arrange for their own meals. Students will have facilities to either prepare meals for themselves or partake in options offered by the campus and city.
Students planning to study abroad for one semester are eligible to apply for Lodgings. A lodging is a single room in a private residence with a landlord. Lodgings are fully furnished and equipped with bedding and cooking utensils.
Once an application is accepted, Kingston staff will advise and place you in appropriate housing.
International Student Accomodation
Student Support Services
Kingston University recognizes that studying abroad can be challenging, but from meeting you at the airport, to offering you careers advice, at Kingston we'll support you every step of the way.
The International Student Advisory Centre (ISAC) is a specialist support department for international students at Kingston University and provides advice and information on a range of issues.
Application Procedures & Deadlines
Students are required to submit an online application through the CIE website and must also complete a separate application to the study abroad university to which they are applying.
The application process can seem overwhelming, but here are some guidelines to follow:
- Attend a group advising session at the Center for International Education to obtain an overview of the study abroad process. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Complete the Adelphi study abroad application. Click the APPLY NOW button on this page. If you are not sure of which program you want to apply for, complete the general application here.
- Schedule a mandatory meeting with a study abroad advisor by emailing email@example.com.
- Meet with your academic advisor to explore programs and course options. It is important that the school you are interested offers the courses you need to take in order to graduate on time.
- Select the courses you are interested in enrolling in and fill out the AU Course Equivalency Form. Courses must be approved before you depart for your program.
- Apply directly to Kingston University. Find the Kingston application online.
- Under the section applying as, choose international exchange.
Adelphi Application Deadlines:
Fall - March 15
Spring - October 15
Kingston Application Deadlines:
Fall or full academic year (study options 1 and 2): May 31
Spring (January entry): October 13
Students are responsible for their own travel documents, including obtaining a passport and researching entry regulations.
- All students need a valid passport with an expiration date at least six months after your return.
- If you are a citizen of another country, please work with appropriate consulate general for study abroad destination in order to identify and obtain appropriate entry documents. Email the Center for International Education (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you need assistance.
- For students maintaining F-1 international student status, interested in participating in a study abroad program, the following must be completed:
- Contact the Office of International Student Services in order to review your I-20, passport and F-1 visa for review and guidance for participation.
- Request a travel endorsement signature valid for re-entry into the United States.
- Maintain valid F-1 status
- Students studying abroad at Kingston University for the fall or spring semester receive 100% of their Adelphi academic scholarships.
- Students pay tuition and fees directly to Adelphi University. All other costs, including housing, are paid directly to the appropriate entity.
- Students should carefully review their finances when considering a study abroad opportunity. Please set up an appointment with Adelphi University's Student Financial Services (basement of Levermore) to understand how studying abroad will impact your financial aid and scholarship package.
- Read the full Study Abroad Financial Aid and Scholarships policy here.
- Adelphi Univeristy offers several study abroad tuition scholarships. Find more information here.
- Students who receive a Pell Grant are eligible to apply for the Benjamin A. Gilman Scholarship, which offers up to $5,000 in scholarship funds for study abroad.
Adelphi University requires all students studying abroad to have international health insurance coverage. Adelphi University has a contract with Cultural Insurance Services International (CISI), which provides worldwide health insurance coverage. Contact the Center for International Education for more information.
Health and Safety
- Students are responsible for their own physical and mental health while studying abroad and are encouraged to meet with a healthcare provider prior to travel.
- Find updated travel advisories and alerts posted by the U.S. Department of State here.
- For updated health information pertaining to your study abroad destination, visit the CDC.
- All study abroad students are advised to enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP), a free service provided by the U.S. Department of State that allows U.S. citizens and nationals traveling abroad to enroll their trip with the nearest U.S. Embassy or Consulate.